45km route; 1 full day or extend over 2 days.
Discover the Gateway to the Bruce Peninsula, the location of Wiarton Willie (the albino weather predictor), the story of Aggie Thomas (the Scarlet Entrepreneur of 1907), the elegant mansion of Laird Alexander McNeill and its ruination, the logging camps of Albemarle Township, Greig’s Caves and more.
- Explore the fascinating history of Wiarton, Colpoy’s Bay, Lion’s Head and more
- Stretch your legs and give your camera a workout on optional Bruce Trail hikes
- Walk the historic Wiarton waterfront
- Visit Spirit Rock and Bluewater Park; pay homage to one of Canada’s favourite poets
- Picnic in a conservation area and explore the ruins of an historic mansion
- Explore challenging caves formed by glacial Lake Algonquin over 10,000 years ago
- Optional: extend your visit with an overnight stay at one of the historic bed and breakfasts or a campground en route
What to Pack
- Comfortable walking or hiking boots
- Swimsuit and towel (optional)
- Camera with extra batteries and memory cards
- Car charger for cell phones
- Picnic lunch or spending money
- Your sense of adventure