75km route; 1 full day or extend over 2 days.
Visit several waterfalls, an osprey nest, the “Cement Capital of Canada,” Lake Huron’s Fishing Islands, the beach at Sauble and the old port town of Southampton.
- Explore the fascinating history of Shallow Lake, Hepworth, Sauble Beach, Southampton and the surrounding areas
- Visit a local waterfall and participate in several optional hiking options (ski or snowshoe in winter)
- Enjoy one of Canada’s best beaches and all it has to offer including shopping, dining, swimming and an aerial obstacle course
- Wander in an old growth forest and explore the rich Native history of the area
- Visit a Federal Migratory Bird Sanctuary with over 50,000 birds
- Paddle tranquil lakes, bays and rivers with the added context of historical stories to augment your experience
What to Pack
- Comfortable walking or hiking boots
- Swimsuit and towel (optional)
- Camera with extra batteries and memory cards
- Car charger for cell phones
- Picnic lunch or spending money
- Your sense of adventure