On this self-guided tour, you’ll discover the former shorelines of lakes Nipissing and Algonquin, the Skinner’s Bluff hike where the view is spectacular, the Slough of Despond, the story of the sinking of the Jane Miller, the caves of Robert Bruce, the mystery of the Murdred (sic) Stranger, and the delights of watching for herons at Charles Lake.
- Enjoy scenic drives with the additional context of the area’s history to enrich your trip
- Take your pick of several Bruce Trail and Side Trail hikes on your route
- Explore natural caves and learn more about the unique geology of the Bruce Peninsula
- Visit scenic local lookouts and capture spectacular vistas in your travels
- Delve into the history, lore and mystery of Presquile, Balmy Beach, Skinner’s Bluff, Lake Charles and more
- Swim, golf, go fishing or participate in other adventurous activities along the way
- Extend your stay with bed & breakfast, resort hotel or camping accommodations