Discover the Gateway to the Bruce Peninsula, the location of Wiarton Willie (the albino weather predictor), the story of Aggie Thomas (the Scarlet Entrepreneur of 1907), the elegant mansion of Laird Alexander McNeill and its ruination, the logging camps of Albemarle Township, Greig’s Caves and more.
- Enjoy scenic drives with the additional context of the area’s history to enrich your trip
- Choose your own adventure with Bruce Trail and Side Trail hikes on your route
- Explore natural caves and learn more about the unique geology of the Bruce Peninsula
- Visit scenic local lookouts and capture spectacular vistas in your travels
- Delve into the history, lore and mystery of Wiarton, Colpoy’s Bay, Hope Bay and more
- Swim, golf, hike, go fishing and participate in other adventurous activities along the way
- Extend your stay with bed & breakfast, resort hotel or camping accommodations
What is a self-guided tour?
Each Bruce Peninsula Explorer Self-Guided Tour is accessible online, on the device you use to purchase access. In each tour, you’ll find historian Andrew Armitage’s daytrip route and historic stories to give the sights and sounds of the Bruce greater context throughout your travels. You’ll find insider travel tips on where to stay, play and dine, and how to make the most of each visit. You’ll also find activity recommendations, sports and games rental listings, and important logistics information like where to find gas stations and grocery stores. Choose your own adventure!
This is not a ticket for a guided tour. No vehicle, accommodations or other physical goods are provided.
The information contained in this self-guided is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Bruce Peninsula Explorer and whilst we endeavour to keep the information up-to-date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the information, products, or services mentioned within. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of this self-guided tour. Every effort is made to keep each self-guided tour up and running smoothly. However, Bruce Peninsula Explorer takes no responsibility for and will not be liable for the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.