Discover the head of a lion, the Gun Point Inland Trail for hiking, the location of the 45th Parallel, the building of St Margaret’s Church, the legendary Forty Hills Road, the Devil’s Monument and the wreck of the Gargantua in Wingfield Basin.
- Hike the Bruce Trail to the Devil’s Monument
- Drive the primitive, historic Forty Hills Road, once the only northerly route on the Peninsula
- Visit and optionally hike the Bruce Trail at picturesque Dyer’s Bay
- Enjoy incredible vistas of Georgian Bay and the rocky limestone of the Niagara Escarpment
- Experience the hospitality and laid back culture of the village of Lion’s Head
- Explore two ecologically important Nature Reserves
- Choose your own adventures with plenty of options for swimming, hiking, bird watching and more
- Extend your stay at an area bed and breakfast, hostel or hotel
What is a self-guided tour?
Each Bruce Peninsula Explorer Self-Guided Tour is accessible online, on the device you use to purchase access. In each tour, you’ll find historian Andrew Armitage’s daytrip route and historic stories to give the sights and sounds of the Bruce greater context throughout your travels. You’ll find insider travel tips on where to stay, play and dine, and how to make the most of each visit. You’ll also find activity recommendations, sports and games rental listings, and important logistics information like where to find gas stations and grocery stores. Choose your own adventure!
This is not a ticket for a guided tour. No vehicle, accommodations or other physical goods are provided.
The information contained in this self-guided is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Bruce Peninsula Explorer and whilst we endeavour to keep the information up-to-date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the information, products, or services mentioned within. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of this self-guided tour. Every effort is made to keep each self-guided tour up and running smoothly. However, Bruce Peninsula Explorer takes no responsibility for and will not be liable for the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.