Visit the unique community of Neyaashinigmiing, learn about the Saugeen Ojibway Nation, attend the Nawash Pow Wow (seasonal), and discover the place where the crinoids, gastropods and brachiopods rest.
- Explore Neyaashiniigmiing, ‘beautiful point of land that almost looks like an island but is only partially surrounded by water’ in the Ojibwe language of Anishinaabemowin
- View and photograph scenic Jones Bluff, Kings Point Bluff and the entire outline of the Cape Croker Peninsula
- Learn about the history and culture of the Saugeen First Nation
- Get to know the unique trees, grasses and geology of this part of the Bruce Peninsula
- Visit the Band Office, historic cairns and monuments, and a historically significant lighthouse at Neyaashiinigmiing
- Plan your journey to coincide with the annual Nawash First Nation Pow Wow
- Optional: extend your visit with an overnight stay at one of the historic bed and breakfasts or a campground en route
What is a self-guided tour?
Each Bruce Peninsula Explorer Self-Guided Tour is accessible online, on the device you use to purchase access. In each tour, you’ll find historian Andrew Armitage’s daytrip route and historic stories to give the sights and sounds of the Bruce greater context throughout your travels. You’ll find insider travel tips on where to stay, play and dine, and how to make the most of each visit. You’ll also find activity recommendations, sports and games rental listings, and important logistics information like where to find gas stations and grocery stores. Choose your own adventure!
This is not a ticket for a guided tour. No vehicle, accommodations or other physical goods are provided.
The information contained in this self-guided is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Bruce Peninsula Explorer and whilst we endeavour to keep the information up-to-date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the information, products, or services mentioned within. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of this self-guided tour. Every effort is made to keep each self-guided tour up and running smoothly. However, Bruce Peninsula Explorer takes no responsibility for and will not be liable for the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.